Important Information about our Camp Christmas Party for Campers
Camp Sharing Meadows is excited to host its first in-person Christmas Party on December 18th, 2021 from 1-5 PM CST at the St. Timothy Center! We’re looking forward to welcoming back our campers, their families/caregivers, and volunteers for this special homecoming event.
What’s the schedule? We open our doors at 1 PM CST and everyone will go through a COVID-19 temperature check/pre-screening. Then, we have conversation and fellowship from 1-1:30 and Christmas carols from 1:30-2. From 2-3, we’ll supply hot chocolate and everyone decorates their own Christmas sugar cookies! Lastly, from 3-5 we’ll have a Christmas dance in Memorial Hall and some Christmas movies playing in the Dining Hall. We’re going to have a holly jolly good time and hope you can make it!!
The deadline for Camper/Support Person(s) registration is December 6th. For this party, we require every camper to have at least one support person (a.k.a. parent/guardian/caregiver) come and attend everything with their camper the entire time. Cost is $20 per camper (which includes all fees for 1 camper and up to 2 support people’s materials and participation).
Since this party isn’t the same as our normal Christmas mini-camps, we have some important details for you to note carefully:
● Space is limited, so send in your application today! We can only accept 25 campers, 50 support people (2 support people for every 1 camper please), and 25 volunteers at this time.
● COVID-19 precautions: Vaccinated campers, support person(s), and volunteers need no masks. Unvaccinated campers, support person(s), and volunteers need masks. COVID-19 vaccination records will be requested during required temperature check and pre-screening.
● Support person(s) are REQUIRED to come and attend everything with their camper(s) If they cannot stay with their camper(s), the camper will not be permitted to attend the Christmas party.
● Support person(s) are encouraged to participate in every activity and will help their camper participate in every activity (with some assistance from a few counselors).
● Support person(s) must be able to provide care for their campers. We require that campers who need care in the restroom are accompanied by caregivers of the same sex.
● Support person(s) are responsible for giving medications as we will have no volunteer nurse on site.
● Support person(s) should have all necessary information on their camper available at all times. If there is a medical concern, behavioral concern, etc. they would be responsible – not Share Foundation.
Please do not delay in sending in your registration because Camp slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Fill out our online Camper/Support Person(s) registration form here. You will ALWAYS receive a confirmation letter if you have been accepted to Camp. Send in the fee now when you register, and we will be in contact with you shortly! Keep in mind that last-minute cancellations will not receive a refund for the Camp registration fee due to costs associated with food, DJ, crafts, mailing, etc.
More people than ever before are interested in attending summer camp and there is a great need for socialization not just in the summer, but throughout the entire year. The Share Foundation hosts mini-camps and summer camps consistently with the support of talented and qualified staff, supportive service-minded donors, and our wonderfully enthusiastic campers. This is especially true during the pandemic! While we normally hold weekend mini-camps once a month in the St. Timothy Center along with 6 weeks of camp during the summer, we started running a virtual camp program in March of 2020 and have continued to this day. Currently, we meet for free bible study one time a week on Zoom. We also had monthly virtual mini-camps available for a small fee this fall! NEW THIS WINTER 2021: We will be hosting an in-person Christmas party and plan to restart our in-person camp programming in 2022!
Date for Christmas Party:
December 18th from 1:00 – 5:00 PM CST at the St. Timothy Center
DUE by December 6th.
We're so excited to have your camper at Camp Sharing Meadows! Register now!